One by one projects are getting completed and things are being sold and leaving the house. Probably the biggest project to be completed is the new dodger. The old dodger was pretty haggard and the windows were very hard to see through. Phebe used the old dodger as a pattern for the new one and it turned out great. It will be awesome to be able to see where we’re going.
The New Dodger
We also got the bracket for the wind vane installed so we could do a test fit of the vane. All went well and we have high hopes that the new Voyager self steering wind vane will perform well and take the majority of the shifts behind the wheel. The wind vane steers the boat so it keeps a constant angle to the wind and uses no electricity. Now we need to find a good Ojibwe name for the vane.
We got a number of other things done including running the diesel engine and making miscellaneous repairs. The chain from Biloxi Bobby made it’s way into the chain locker. We have 225′ of chain backed with 100′ of 5/8″ nylon on the primary anchor.
And sadly, it was time for our brew stuff to go. After 7 years of brewing it was time to say good by to all of our brewing equipment. We don’t doubt that we’ll brew again someday but we just don’t have the space to store all the gear so it had to go. Pictured is most of the brew stuff minus the keg fridge. It sure was good while it lasted.
We’re just over two weeks from loading the boat on a truck bound for Bayfield. At times it’s hard to believe that this is really happening, but it certainly is.